Welcome to Arcadian Restoration!
We are specialise in the conservation and restoration of old houses, using traditional materials and time honoured techniques.
We are also experts at constructing extensions for old houses, using traditional materials and methods combined with modern approaches where appropriate. This ensures that the extension looks superb and is sympathetic to the original property but also has the benefits and energy efficiency of a new build.
Our specialisms include:
- Diagnosing and solving damp problems
- Building in stone, including dry stone walling
- Pointing in lime mortar, for example to solve damp problems in period buildings
- Lime plastering
- Lime rendering
- Window restoration and repair
- Linseed painting (this is breathable traditional paint that doesn’t flake off)
- Lime washing
- Timber frame repairs and provision of a fully breathable panel system to reduce timber rot
- Repairing or constructing slate and tiled roofs using a full breathable system
- Constructing traditional fire places
- Limecrete flooring
- Traditional or new generation plastering
- Specialist brick replacement
- General sympathetic restoration of old buildings
We are familiar with the legal processes for gaining listed building consent and working in conservation areas, and we have excellent relationships with the relevant people in our local planning authority.