The main bedroom in this run-down listed cottage had the potential to look amazing. Unfortunately, it had been patched up using the wrong materials. A non-breathable paint had been put over the original lime plaster, trapping moisture and causing the plaster to fall off.
The chimney breast had also dropped, and the plaster had fallen off and been repaired with gypsum-based plaster.
We removed all the inappropriate materials and plastered the walls and in between the rafters with lime.
We sanded the original oak floor and the fire surround, and treated them with linseed oil.